Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't Pass Up On A Deal

So funny story... I've been looking for a new dress for a while and this saturday I stopped into a store in town and found this awesome dress originally priced at almost $60 marked down to $15! I took it back to the dressing room and found an issue. The dress was an extra small but I new that if I tried I could make it work. But..... I couldn't even get in the dress! The band around the waist was a tight fit and wasn't stretchy AND it didn't have a zipper or buttons. Now I could start to see why this awesome dress found it's way to the clearance rack. I figured it would be a tight fit but I was totally wrong- I got STUCK IN IT! I got it over my arms, and my head but couldn't get it past my shoulders so then I tried to take it off and realized real quick I couldn't! I started hyperventilating! haha Then I started freaking out that I was going to have to call a sales person to help me. So I took a breath, pulled myself together and yanked it off! I could tell it was going to fit great if only I could get it on! So I bought it even though I couldn't get it on. Then I ran to Walmart and bought a zipper.

I picked out the seam on the side where the tight belt area was.

I sewed in a 7 in black zipper

When I was done I realized I probably should have used a grey zipper instead of black but I was still happy with the results

The best part is- I can PUT IT ON!

So moral of the story- don't pass up on a good deal even if there may be issues in the dressing room

4 comments:

Jessica :) said...

That dress is so adorable!! I LOVE it! You are a lot braver than me, though. If I can't get it on in the dressing room, I wouldn't be brave enough to buy it because I wouldn't know if it actually would fit! But this is a nice alteration and it looks fantastic on! Great job!

'Hel said...

Thanks! I was pretty scared there for a second, but I checked, and double checked, and triple checked to make sure that it would probably fit. But I got such a good deal on it that I figured if my guesstimation was off I could just turn around and sell it on craigslist or something.

The Mid Life Guru said...

Wow--you are creative and brave!!! Nice work. The average person (like me) would have said "forget it." You are extremely self reliant.

The Griffin Crew said...

What a great story!! That dress is darling!!