Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

DIY String Chandelier

Need a cheap and easy way to make a big statement in your house? or at your wedding? Why not make your own chandelier!?

I saw these string balls on Wednesday Inc and decided to try them out. For the full directions on how to make these you can check out Jessica's blog. I'm just going to tell you some tips I learned by making these.


I did mine by myself even though Jessica says to do it with a friend- I HIGHLY suggest also to have a helper, enlist your husband or something. Also if I were you I would double the glue mix, the amount they have on the blog just was not enough. I almost couldn't make my tiny ball and couldn't make the 4th one I had planned to make.
Another reason a friend is good is they will probably help you not goop up your balloon like me. I didn't think it would be a big issue but after I popped my balloon I was left with all these annoying feather things that I had to rip off individually!


They didn't do this on the blog but I had a really cute set of Ikea twinkle lights laying around that I have been trying to find a use for so I decided to string them around and though my balls.

Then I hung them up with fishing line so that it looks like they are just floating there. I strung up the cord for the lights along the biggest ball's line.

What it looks like all lit up

It looks pretty awesome in the day too =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I've been looking forward to this post. I will be making these.

the hawker's said...

that's sweet! great idea!

Jessica :) said...

Beautiful! I do love it!