Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Earring Holder=Art

I got this idea from my sister a while back- Her mother-in-law made one for her and when I saw it I HAD to make one for myself! Its actually pretty easy to make so if your short on time or feel you weren't blessed with a creative "gene" like my mom likes to say- this is a craft for you!

What you need:

Hot glue gun- and glue- duh
An empty picture frame
Some type of screen- I found this plastic kind at a craft store near my house but you can also use the same screen material they use for window screens (you can get it at a hardware store) just depends what kind of look you are going for

Simply cut the screen to fit inside the back of the frame, then hot glue the edges of the frame and place screen over it. The hot glue doesn't need to look pretty- I just globbed mine on as you can see- it just has to make it stick and not go around the edges of the frame.


Ta Dah!!!

3 comments:

lyndsey said...

so cute! i love how it turned out. this should be my new go-to birthday present for peeps, so easy.

Jessica :) said...

Very nice! If I wore earrings, I would totally make this. And with your earrings, it really does look like art!

Jessica Hill said...

Rachel your blog is so cute! You should check out mine, I do crafts too. We are such Mormons ;) http://stylebyallmyluv.blogspot.com/