Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Snow and Futuristic Injustice

Sorry I've been a slacker and haven't posted yet this week! Jesse just got me into the Hunger Game series (yes i am a little behind in literary trends....) and I CAN'T put the book down! It doesn't help that it has snowed like crazy the last few days making me just want to curl up in a blanket with a cup of hot coco and my book more! If you are behind like me and still haven't started the series I highly recommend it.

Its been making me think though... is it just me or does like EVERYTHING have an end-of-the-world-dooms-day theme to it? Either way this book has made me reflect on my favorite pieces of media in that genre. Enjoy!
Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins
Brave New World By Aldous Huxley
In case you love the Hunger Games for the love part and don't like to contemplate the dark tragedy of it all like me- here you go! This is the last book I read that I couldn't put down to save my life! It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside- all that good stuff!
These Is My Words By Nancy Turner

2 comments:

hmmm said...

hey, I've been thinking about reading These is My Words! good to know it's a goodin.

Jessica :) said...

I've been wanting to read Brave New World for a long time. It's always checked out at the library though. My book group at church will be reading These is my Words sometime in the next few months. I'm excited! Thanks for the recommendations!