Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kind of Cute, Kind of Creepy

001

So remember my nephew Jack? I love this kid terribly but I live too far away to see him as much as I would like. This craft I am sharing with you today came about because I want little Jack to know me and how much I love him even though I don't see him often. I have to warn you- you might not like this craft! haha. My sister and I are not the biggest fans of it either but you gota do what ya gota do- right?

What You Need
Image to transfer
Canvas
Flannel
pillow stuffing

I got my images from Amy Karol's website, its actually one of the crafts in her book that I got from my sister this last christmas. I didn't even really look at the book for directions, I just used the idea and made it up on my own.

Follow the directions on the package of transfer paper. I ironed mine and then pealed off the paper.

IMAG0068

IMAG0067

Then draw your wide outline of the image- I did mine VERY rough, it doesn't need to be perfect. remember to leave a lot of room- its going to be a pillowy stuff animal. Place the flannel behind it and pin it so you can cut out the same shape for both.

IMAG0071

IMAG0072

Place the flannel's right side and the image side of the canvas together and sew around the edge, leaving a 1-2 inch space. Turn it inside out, stuff with pillow material, and hand stitch opening closed.

IMAG0093

Ta Da! Stuffed Uncle Jesse and Aunt Rachel dolls. I told you its kinda cute, kinda creepy! But they do the trick, my sister said that Jack loves them and gets a big grin when he plays with them.

4 comments:

the hawker's said...

haha!
love these!
you are adorable rachel!

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

LOL! ah, love those creepy dolls. but jack really does love them and will hug and kiss the "aunt rachie" doll every time he sees it. so it's def a successful craft :)

Becca said...

what an adorable idea!! great job!

The Plaisted's said...

This is so funny/great/creepy all in one! I should make some stuffed grandparent dolls for Collin because he never gets to see them!