Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sweet Gifts

One of my families holiday traditions that I am continuing is giving cookie plates to family and friends. Its fun to bake a bunch of different things AND its a cheaper gift without seeming like a Scrooge ;) I will share each step I take in creating my gifts this year in a series of posts.

Christmas Treat Gift: 1 of 5

This year I'm giving more of a candy theme plate then the traditional cookie plates my mom used to give. One of my favorite treats to make this time of year is Peppermint Bark! I started making it in my college dorm room- its super easy and quick AND a crowd pleaser.

Ingredients
White Chocolate
Old fashioned peppermint hard candy

There is no real measuring in this- I just kind of eye-ball it because its pretty much just based on your personal preference.


Double bag the peppermint in hammer it until it is crushed
Melt chocolate in a pot on low heat stirring constantly so not to burn the chocolate.

After the chocolate becomes smooth and completely melted, mix in crushed peppermint candy

Line a deep cookie sheet with foil and pour in mixture, smoothing it out so its not too thick
Place in the fridge so the mixture can harden- usually takes an hour or so

Once mixture is hard, remove from cookie sheet and peel off any foil that might stick to the back. Crack into pieces and then snap into bite-size pieces.
Yummy!

1 comments:

hmmm said...

Good gracious! I need that STAT! oh yeah, this was about giving wasn't it... Well anyway.