Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentines

Now that its February the big V-day is fast approaching! I'm not the biggest fan of the holiday but this year I'm doing something fun! I am participating in a handmade valentine swap! My sister is hosting one on her blog and I am loving it! I don't do alot of crafts with paper so it was fun pulling out all my random scrapbook-like items to create my valentines. I also thought it would be good to share some of my (semi)controlled- pack- rat wisdom.

I have been a pack rat from day one. As I've gotten older I've gotten better but I have learned to embrace it when it comes to crafts! It can really save you money or give you possibilities you usually wouldn't have. I haven't thrown away a cardboard toilet paper roll or glass food container in over a year now! =) I have lots of fun plans for my little horded treasures so I'm not just saving them kicks.
Other items I never throw away if I can help it is gift wrap and cards! I haven't had to buy gift wrap for almost 3 years now! I recycle it because its good for the planet and good for my wallet! So when I need to make fun cards like valentines like these, I can use some of these really cute cards as a back bone. It helps make your cards look more professional too. I usually just cut out a piece of white construction paper the size of the card and glue it over the previous message inside. I also love these card that have a separate piece of paper inside! You can just tear out the paper (that holds the message) and its like you have a brand new card!
If your not a natural pack-rat like me this might be difficult but I promise it really comes in handy sometimes! Happy hoarding!

1 comments:

lyndsey said...

so cute! your cards turned out awesome! :)