Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Design on a Dime

So HGTV has become a recent go-to channel for me. Jesse has been working late this week so in the evenings I've been crafting. When I craft I like to watch TV or a movie but since I have seen all of our movies a million times and our newest Netfix was in the mail I've been stuck with "crap-TV." But then I found a new appreciation for HGTV- now I think I'm in love

One of my favorite shows is Design on a Dime! Its actually something that I could see myself applying in real life (unlike condo hunting in Puerto Vallarta or Paris). I love fashion and style but I love a good deal more. I'm a do-in-yourself-er and a bargain hunter- so of course I would love this show! Every episode the design team has a budget of only $1000 to completely transform a room or part of an apartment. Its AWESOME! My favorite part is when they make their own stuff (which they have to do a lot)- I've been taking a lot of mental notes ;)

So if you are feeling the itch to re-decorate in this bad economy or just need something entertaining to watch- show HGTV some love.

0 comments: