Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Purse Into A Wallet

IMAG0122

I made this wallet from the great directions on Confessions of a Fabricaholic- HERE. For the outside of the wallet I decided to use the material of an old purse I had been holding onto.

First I had to reduce the purse down to "fabric." So to start I cut off the top and bottom.

IMAG0123

IMAG0124

Then I cut out the size of material I need out of it. I also cut out the magnetic snap and zipper in the purse and used them in the wallet too.

IMAG0125

And I LIKE it!

IMAG0134

My favorite part of the wallet is this cool vintage button I used on the closure.

IMAG0130

It was a great purse- now its a great wallet!

6 comments:

Jessica :) said...

You are so creative. I'm not sure I'd ever think to use an old purse to make a wallet. It's good to see posts from you again!

'Hel said...

Thanks Jessica! And thanks for being such a loyal reader and friend! Your the best!

Brandilyn said...

it was great meeting you last night! your blog is SO cute and i think i showed like 10 people your business card because i thought it was so cute and creative.

Lauren said...

hey babe, it's lauren from the daybook thing! very cute blog =) and i love this tutorial, i saw these on etsy a while back and totally fell in LOVE!

The Mid Life Guru said...

Fabulous wallet. You are so clever with the whole "reuse/recycle" thing. Where did you find your button closure? What a talented girl you are!!!

'Hel said...

Brandilyn- you flatter me! ;) Thanks so much! It was so great to meet you!

Lauren- I was so glad to finally meet you in person! Thanks for checking out my blog!