Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Simple Lapped Closure Pillow


I am in the process of re-doing my bed set! So I have a few pillow covers to make (which I will share as I make them). I make all of my pillow cases from scratch so I thought I would show you how to do it too! This is by far the easiest type because this does not have a formal closure like a zipper or buttons.

1) Measure your pillow or pillow form. To do this take your measuring tape and wrap it around the pillow (see photo). Do this both ways.

DSC03059

2) When measuring your amount of fabric to cut (length wise) measure the number of inches you got when you measured your pillow form (length wise) and add a 4th or so more (for the over lap). Take your Width wise measurement and divide it in half and cut the fabric.

3) Sew. Fold the fabric into 3rds with the middle portion completely centered and half the size of your measurement for your length wise measure of your pillow form. Your two outside portions should overlap. Pin and sew a straight line across the top and bottom of the fabric.



Pillow Instructions

{Grey- right side of fabric}


Turn the fabric inside out and there you have it! Your custom pillow case!

Hopefully that made sense!

0 comments: