Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Old Books

This last weekend I drove down to Utah to see family and I stayed at my Grandparents house. While I was there I discovered their extensive collection of old books. Most of them are books about plants and farming from the late forties and early fifties because that was when my Grandfather studied Agricultural Education at UCDavis. I love books from this era because they were manufactured the old school way before digital printing and machine assembly lines. Their typography is beautiful and all of the images in them were originally hand drawn.

I also took pictures of my grandparents when they were younger. I love these photos! (forgive the glair)


2 comments:

Atryell said...

Ok were you at target on Saturday? I was driving past and I thought I saw you with your sister or someone

'Hel said...

haha! Yes I was actually! Small world.