Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Freezer Paper Stenciling

I finally found some Freezer paper in Rexburg! So now I finally get to finally experiment with it! I've been looking for a long time for a cheaper/not so complicated/not so messy way to do silk-screening at home. Freezer paper stenciling is much more limited but I think I'm in love! Its super easy to add a simple decal to your clothes or fabric decoration in your home.

What You Need
Sketch pad/pencil
Freezer Paper
Exacto knife
Clothing Iron
Craft sponge brush
Fabric Paint

In your sketch pad draw your design you want to apply. Place freezer paper over design and lightly sketch it on the NON-SHINNY side of the freezer paper.

Carefully cut the design out with the exacto knife.


Place SHINNY side of the freezer paper on fabric and iron on fabric until all edges stick.

Apply paint generously over design. Depending on what look you are going for you will probably have to do multiple layers and you can't apply another layer until the first is completely DRY! This takes awhile- I think the bottle said like 48 hours but I put a fan on mine and it dried in a few hours.
DO NOT REMOVE Freezer paper until you are completely done and the paint is completely dry! It will mess up your design if you do not follow this!

Ta Da!
**The freezer paper peeled up a little on the left side so my circle has a little "bump" in it. Thats why you need to be very careful that it doesn't peel up while your working with it.

2 comments:

Brittany H said...

Dang that's a good idea. I think I'm going to try that one.

Linda said...

You are so amazing! I love all the stuff you come up with. Next time you do a shirt like this, can I come watch you do it? I would love to learn how, but am more of a hands on learner!! Please it would be great to see you!