Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Wedding Announcements

As a graphic designer I have begun to HATE cheap wedding announcements. I understand that not everyone has money to spend on them but to me thats not really an excuse because I know that there are LOTS of ways to create a beautiful, classy wedding announcement that people will want to save, without breaking the bank. The most common way to do that is by working your network of friends and family members. My co-worker Melissa is a perfect example of that!
She gave me her announcement this week and I almost started crying! haha You don't get very many elegant announcements like this in Idaho! She had her old roommate Mariana Gamez (also a graphic design student at BYUI- If you would like to contact her: Marianacgamez@gmail.com) to create her announcement, then she had a relative of her soon-to-be husband (who owns his own printing business) to print them (practically at cost). The end result? Melissa spent less then 16 cents a piece on each one of these BEAUTIFUL announcements! Way to go Melissa!


So work the network- see who can help you out for cheap or ask them to give you there service for free instead of a wedding gift! One of the many ways to cut costs of your wedding without looking like you did!


*Want to see some other great stationery! Check out my Sister's blog at The Stationery Place

*Planning a wedding an don't feel very creative? Check out one of my favorite blogs!

2 comments:

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

those announcements are way cute! and thanks for the shout out :)

Jessica :) said...

You probably would have hated my announcements!