Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

TV shows


I'm not ganna lie..... I watch a lot of TV. But in my defense I only watch it when I'm doing something else like crafting, cooking, or cleaning. Here are 3 of my FAVORITE shows right now that I think you should watch!

1)Modern Family- (on ABC) I understand the hesitation with this show because yes it would should kind of out-of-the-comfort-zone for a lot of people when they find out that there is a gay couple in it who are raising a baby together but trust me on this- you should be watching this show! Its about today's "Modern Family" (duh). Its about a family that comes in all different shapes and opinions but who all love each other and are just trying to figure out parenting, marriage, and .... well Life! The video up top give a little bit more explanation.

2) Community- (on NBC) If you are not a big Pop Culture buff like me and my family you might not appreciate this as much but still give it a try! This hilarious show is about a lawyer, Jeff Winger, who, after his bachelors degree is revoked, must go back to school at Greendale Community College so he can become a lawyer again. while there, he finds himself in a odd study group made up of all different characters =) gotta see it!

3) Raising Hope- (on Fox) This is about Jimmy Chance raising his infant daughter Hope. After Jimmy once accidentally hooked up with Lucy, Lucy is discovered to be a psychopathic killer and is put to death in jail (hang in there), but only after she gives birth to their daughter Princess Beyonce, that Jimmy later changes to Hope. The show is about him trying to give Hope the childhood he never had as he lives with his Blue-collar parents and crazy old grandma they all call Maw Maw =) This show might sound like the craziest but it never fails to make me laugh! (pop culture tid-bit- Jimmy's mom is played by Martha Plimpton aka the ugly glasses girl from the Goonies =)

Happy TV watching!

2 comments:

Catherine Rains said...

Absolutely LOVE Modern Family! Hilarious! (I also think it is awesome the way it shows gay couples as completely normal, with everyday problems just like other families)

We watch Community, too, but I haven't seen Raising Hope. Maybe I should try it!

'Hel said...

haha I know right! And its up for a golden globe now!