Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dying Fabric

I've been wanting to dye fabric for a long time but was actually inspired by a fellow blogger and friend of my sister's- Dana. You may know her very popular blog MADE. She is my blogging hero! I want to be like her when I grow up =) anyways... while I was visiting my sister right before Thanksgiving she was showing me the AWESOME GIFTS Dana sent her. I was admiring Dana's work and wondering where she found the cool colored onezies she make for Jack when a couple of days later she posted about the gift and answered all my questions! haha!

That inspired me to finally start playing with dyes! Heres my experience:

What You Need
Dye
fabric/elastic
Bowl
gloves

Follow the directions on the bottle about quantities of water/dye- I did not =( so my stuff turned a dark gray instead of black- its ok I still like it ;)


Place your fabric/elastic in the warm dye bath and stir for about 30 min.

{Before}
{After}

{Before}

{After}

Rinse until the water is not colored anymore. Wash once in the machine, then dry.

I will defiantly use more dye next time (especially on the fabric) but I'm still happy with how they came out! Thanks for the inspiration Dana!

1 comments:

Tari said...

I read Dana's blog, too, although I don't know her personally. Small world! :)